Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Perfect Amount of Cheese!

I am a bit frustrated today. I can't seem to start chapter 4. I have been editing and rewriting my first three chapters here and there for the past week. I think I need to listen to my little voice inside and consider changing some things about my plot. I know the ideas I have are good but I cant seem to put it on paper without it holding a cheese factor that I am not happy with. A bit of cheese is okay in my book but I haven't been able to come up with a lead in without the right amount of cheese yet.

I have already had one of the characters in this story line scream at me that she must be the subject of my next story. Part of me wonders if I should start on that book now since she won't leave my head and hope through writing that story I can get back in the grove and get the first book completed.

Because I am famous for never finishing something I start I am a bit afraid to start the second book. What if that sends me into a tailspin and I then start a third book before finishing either of the first two. I am not sure what I should do. Everything is telling me to start the second story. Well everything except that little feeling deep in the pit of my stomach that says not a good idea. I should probably listen to the feeling in my pit. I think its the sixth sense that often gets ignored and then I will be wondering down the road why I didn't listen to my gut.

On a personal note I spent last night at Niagara Falls watching the daredevil Nick Wallenda walk the tightrope across the falls. It was a pretty cool thing to witness. Between the crowds of people and the mist it was hard for me to see much of it though. I had hoped to watch it on TV when I got home on the western channel but I couldn't stay awake long enough. I am sure I will be able to catch it online somewhere when I get a chance.

Heading to Toronto later today for an overnight trip. Again there will be crazy mobs of people in town for the Much Music Video awards. My teenage daughter and her friend have a special bracelet that will get her special access close to the stage. I will be with my 7 year old waiting in a hotel room. There is no way I am hanging around down there all night.

Maybe I will start writing chapter 4 cheese and all and extract it during editing. I have considered sending an email to one of my favorite authors for advice. if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment