Friday, August 2, 2013

What to do?

So I am trying to decide if I should read or write this evening. Its been a few weeks since I have read anything. Most of my books are packed in boxes. (The ones I was able to salvage). We recently had a flood and I lost the bottom shelf of two book shelves and some boxes I had in my storage room. It was heart breaking to junk them.
On Dublin Street was recommended to me recently. The title sounded familiar... The next day I realized it was on my to be read shelf in my rec room. No wonder it sounded familiar I had purchased it my last trip to the book store. Problem is I literally have to dig through  several boxes to find it. I am a bit hesitant to write simply because I have been writing in circles lately. A bunch of fluff not much of anything. There are some really good key plot elements that I have to get to but I am having difficulty getting to them. I have learned through writing The Jaxon Effect that it's because the direction I am going is the wrong one because I forced it. Eventually it will click and I will be able to write for days without coming up for air. But until then I will be walking around with knots in my stomach until I can get something substantial on paper and dump the words that are stored far back in my subconscious.
The story belongs to the characters. I am like a fly on the wall watching and relaying what I see. I can't think about the story I have to see the story. I'm not sure if that's how it is for other people but that's how it is for me. So I know its recommended that you should write through a block but I don't like to. It gets me more frustrated. I just have to wait until Kate and Jaxon invite me into their world again so I can continue to tell the story. I hope it's soon! I think I'll make myself a latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment